- Relieves Menstrual Cramps
- Promotes Healthy Blood Pressure
- Rich in Vitamins & Minerals
Raspberry Leaf Benefits - Four Raspberry Leaf Benefits for Men
Raspberry leaf is a very popular herbal remedy for women, especially during pregnancy. There is a misconception that it is only good for women. However, there are benefits for men as well.
1. Raspberry leaf helps with diarrhea and other gastrointestinal disorders. The mild flavor of the tea or extract makes it go down easily in someone with an upset stomach. The anti-inflammatory properties help to bring down any swelling along the intestinal tract. The astringent properties help to dry up the body's waste along the tract. While it will not give you immediate relief, you will see the effects as the raspberry leaf works its way through the body and into the intestinal tract. As you can see raspberry leaf benefits both men and women.
2. Raspberry leaf is an astringent. Astringents are substances that cause body tissue to contract or shrink. Most astringents are topical applications. You can use raspberry leaf as an external application through poultices or creams. You can also take astringents inside the body. It helps to reduce mucous membranes. That helps it soothe sore throats and aid with drying up diarrhea. The gallic acid found in raspberry leaf is a powerful form of astringent. Taking raspberry leaf benefits the body by balancing out excessive fluids. Many find gastrointestinal disorders quickly disappear due to the astringent qualities of raspberry leaf.
3. Raspberry leaf can help with male infertility problems. Raspberry leaf benefits the reproductive organs of both men and women. This plant extract seems to draw oxygen and other important components into the reproductive organ tissues. This can increase sperm production and help alleviate other problems that might be an underlying reason for infertility. Midwives have recommended this option for infertile couples over many centuries with a measure of success. One theory is that the high level of manganese in raspberry leaf helps balance the body and makes fertility more likely.
4. Raspberry leaf helps stave off pseudo-estrogens. You might wonder what the heck are pseudo-estrogens? These non-hormonal substances act like weak estrogens in the body. Environmental effects can cause this pseudo-estrogen effect. In men, that is not a good thing. Many find that higher than average estrogen levels in men can lead to the development of low testosterone disorders like andropause. You might think that avoiding certain things will prevent that problem. However, these pseudo-estrogens are in the entire food chain. Raspberry leaf benefits men by reducing the effects of these pseudo-estrogens naturally.